Vision Engineer (Leuven)
You'll develop the vision algorithms for the eyes of our robots
As a vision engineer, you're accountable for the vision related part of our product development. You’re not afraid of leaving your desk to validate your innovations in practical environments. You’re driven to make stuff work, and will persist until problems are solved. To do so, you can define and prioritize your tasks with respect to project deadlines. But most of all, you will have great fun in solving challenging problems with a direct, visual result.
Your everyday role will include:
- Design and implementation of computer vision algorithms in C++/Python
- Solving of Visual SLAM challenges such as Structure from Motion, Feature Detection and Matching, Bundle Adjustment and Camera Calibration
- Work with real world datasets collected from our robots
- Implementing and developing new algorithms for object recognition and localization
- Working with camera drivers and models to generate great images
- Building easy-to-use configuration layers around the core algorithms
- Critical evaluation and testing of existing and new software
You’ll be part of the development team where you’ll collaborate closely with the product and support team and very well connected with all other experts in our company. It’s key that you can solve problems independently and display lots of creativity.
- You have a Master’s degree in an IT related domain or a Bachelors degree combined with relevant professional experience.
- You have knowledge of C++/Python and comfortable working in a Linux environment (x64 Desktop and arm64 Embedded)
- Experience with OpenCV, PCL and Ceres are a big plus. We prefer candidates who have experience with PCL and/or openCV but will foresee training to fill in the missing gaps. Experience with deep learning is definitely a plus but not a must.
- Experience with GPU optimization is a plus (CUDA, NPP, OPENGL, GLSL)
- Experience in OROCOS and/or ROS is a plus
- You have a ‘can-do’ mentality to solve any development challenge and you have the ability to come up to speed in new areas quickly
- You’re comfortable with joining in on a passionate technical discussion and love working in teams. And above all: you’re fun to be around!
At Octinion you will become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Since we are a young company the career opportunities are ample. We will give you the training you require to further develop your expertise and knowledge. You'll work at our main office in Leuven.
Mail us your CV and letter of application
Are you interested in a challenging job in a young and innovative atmosphere? Send in your CV and letter of application, mentioning the job you’re applying for to email@example.com. In case you still have questions or you want more information, you can always give us a call.