Strawberry picking 2.0
Discover the prototype of our fully autonomous strawberry picking robot! What makes our strawberry picker unique is the fact that it only picks if the action won't bruise strawberries. It picks (damage-free) 70% of all ripe strawberries. Picking quality, picking speed and sorting quality are comparable to the ideal human picker but with advanced quality monitoring to allow sorting, crop monitoring and precision farming.
How it works
How it works
- Autonomous navigation based on local beacons that doesn't require structural changes to your greenhouse. Fully flexible solution with centimeter precision.
- 3D vision for detection and localisation of ripe strawberries
- Patented soft touch gripper that doesn't do more damage to the strawberries as a human picker and picks the strawberry as a human, without cutting or burning of the stem, but actual picking (without the stem)
- Patented robotic arm that only picks if this is possible without bruising the strawberries. Has a capacity of picking one strawberry every 3 seconds
- Advanced quality monitoring* to sort according to size and quality, picking can be conditional on strawberry characteristics, predict harvest and precision farming
- Logistic handling* including placing the strawberries in their final packaging
(*) functionalities still in development – expected to become available beginning 2018
Are you an innovative grower or grower federation? In this final stage of the development we think it’s essential to involve growers and grower federations to determine our final requirements in terms of varieties, growing systems, … and eventually meet the expectations of the market.
Do you want to be kept up to date on the strawberry picking robot?
Register below and we'll keep you posted.