You'll manage a productive and efficient flow in all steps of the purchase process
For our Purchase department, we’re currently looking for a dedicated experienced Technical Buyer.
We're looking for a buyer to ensure a productive and efficient flow in all steps within the purchase process. The most successful candidate will have a natural passion for problem solving and dedicated to purchase materials to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. This role has great responsibility and accountability and includes distinctive problem solving skills. You'll showcase great sense for urgency and will have technical knowledge, expertise, and will be seen as a specialist within your function. This position requires a high degree of autonomy, yet also needs to be an excellent team player. You'll play an enormously important supportive role in our tight knit organization!
Scope of responsibilities:
- be the owner of the supplier relationship, resolve tactical supply chain issues such as backorder resolution, open order expediting, lead time management, and supplier production issues
- plan and order required materials and equipment
- monitor materials pipeline for any potential issues or disruptions and recommend corrective actions
- proactively analyze and suggest new strategies to optimize inventory management, procurement and shipping processes
- identify and correct supply chain constraints by acting as liaison between multiple departments within the organization
- evaluate and work with suppliers to improve cost, quality, delivery dates and lead time
- interface with other departments to resolve any production affecting materials issues
- collaborate with engineering on the release of new parts
- you have a bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related field
- 3+ years working in a procurement capacity in a high tech electronics/ mechatronics environment managing suppliers to reduce lead time, ensure timely delivery and reduce cost
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of, Excel, Word, and ERP/MRP systems. Preferably experience with Netsuite ERP.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work and interact with multiple departments throughout the organization
- Strong analytical skills and use of data to resolve issues
- Capable of working independently without direct oversight with high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
At Octinion you will become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Since we are a young company the career opportunities are ample. We will give you the training you require to further develop your expertise and knowledge. You'll work at our main office in Leuven.
Mail us your CV and letter of application
Are you interested in a challenging job in a young and innovative atmosphere? Send in your CV and letter of application, mentioning the job you’re applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you still have questions or you want more information, you can always give us a call.