Mechatronic Automation Engineer (Roeselare)
You’ll automate unique agricultural machinery in the field of agriculture and food
To expand our mechatronics team in Roeselare, Octinion is currently looking for a mechatronic automation engineer.
As a Mechatronic Automation Engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing test, measurement, monitor & control systems in the field of agriculture and food. You’ll also be involved in data analysis projects. Your field of expertise contains PLC programming and automation, and you’ll supervise automation aspects during the follow up, assembly and testing of projects.
A selection of your tasks:
- Design control systems for mechatronic systems
- Build control flowcharts for complex mechatronic systems
- Component selection, communication with suppliers
- Decision making on implementation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Supervision on the integration and realization
- Support testing, evaluation and acceptance tests of prototypes and products
- Ad hoc you’ll mentor students and interns and share your experience with them
- You have a Master’s degree in Industrial Sciences (or equivalent through experience)
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar environment (mechatronics)
- Experience with Python, C/C++, IoT, LabView and/or PLC programming is required. Experience with CAD software and making 2D drawings is an advantage.
- Any self-taught technical knowledge is a strong advantage.
- You have high standards and strive for perfection, but you also know how to be pragmatic to respect the deadlines and budget.
- You communicate well and can work in team.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English is required (written and oral).
At Octinion you will become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Since we are a young company the career opportunities are ample. We will give you the training you require to further develop your expertise and knowledge.
You'll work at the Roeselare office, and occasionally will visit our Leuven office.
Mail us your CV and letter of application
Are you interested in a challenging job in a young and innovative atmosphere? Send in your CV and letter of application, mentioning the job you’re applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you still have questions or you want more information, you can always give us a call.