The Octinion Group is looking for a Finance Manager to manage the daily accounting and finance operations and to bring our business reporting to the next level.
As Finance Manager, you’re responsible for the financial reporting and follow-up of the companies within the Octinion Group. As a fast-growing company, you’ll face a lot of challenges where you’ll be improving, consolidating and setting up quite some financial processes. You will report directly to the CEO.
Your tasks will include a variety of business areas:
- running the daily operations of accounting and finance of both A/P as A/R. These tasks include: booking invoices and bank statements, sending out customer invoices and following up on payment, filing vat returns, following up on and executing supplier payments, handling administrative matters
- financial and business reporting, cashflow and results of the company, including management reporting, coordinating the periodic closing and consolidate the results.
- compliance within the group, Belgian GAAP and fiscal laws. Both for daily management of the different entities, as for specific situations such as starting a new entity abroad. This means your knowledge will reach further than only Belgian standards. You’ll prepare the group for due diligence and play an active role to cover all financial aspects when looking at possible acquisitions. You’ll be the single point of contact for external audits.
- budgets including the follow-up throughout the year, analyzing and reporting any changes between actuals and budget
- subsidy reporting and project reporting from a finance point of view
- projects to automate the finance department and to improve efficiency
On top of the pure financial aspects, you’ll manage all legal operations. This will include contractual projects such as reviewing contracts, setting up templates, .... but also social law - for example writing policies, handling issues, giving advice and being the point of contact with external parties on this matter - but this can also include IP matters or other legal aspects. You will of course be supported by our external advisors.
It goes without saying that you’ll handle all administrative aspects of both the financial and legal matters autonomously.
- You have a Master’s in Applied Economics or another relevant degree. A background in accounting and finance is a must. You know the ins and outs of Belgian legislation with regards to bookkeeping, vat and fiscality. Notions of Dutch or UK legislation is a plus
Having experience in a relevant company is an asset (SME, fast growing SME, technological sector).
You’re hands-on, you enjoy the combination of setting up a structured approach as well as getting things done yourself
You have high standards and strive for perfection, but you also know how to be pragmatic in order to respect the deadlines and budget
You are flexible, communicate well and are able to work in team
Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English is required (written and oral). French is a plus.
Welcome to the home of innovation: Octinion is the world leader in agricultural robotics, bringing together a unique mix of engineering skills in Leuven, Roeselare and Venlo (NL). At Octinion you’ll become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Since we are a young but fast-growing company the career opportunities are ample.
Mail us your CV and letter of application
Are you interested in a challenging job in a young and innovative atmosphere? Send in your CV and letter of application, mentioning the job you’re applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you still have questions or you want more information, you can always give us a call.