Field support (summer job in the UK)
Combine your passion for robotics with working outdoors during this summer job in the UK
As a Field Support Student you’ll monitor the proper functioning of our strawberry picking robot at the strawberry farms in the UK. You’ll be providing support, solve minor mechanical problems, perform small maintenance tasks and note recurring problems if they would occur. You’ll get technical support from Belgium but in the field you’re our first line of contact with the growers, with whom you’ll maintain a customer-friendly and professional relationship.
You report about the situation on a regular basis and as you’ll see the robot in action, you can think about improving the robot and make suggestions to the head office.
- You study engineering science or completed a technical secondary education
- Knowledge of electromechanics and basic software is a plus
- You are able to solve mechanical problems quickly
- You’re flexible, dare to take initiatives and you’re a smooth communicator
- You speak English very well
- You have a permanent driver license (B) and are not afraid to drive in the UK
We’re offering a student job during the month of August. The work location is in the UK: you’ll get a car and travel costs to the UK and back are covered. You’ll stay at the grower's residence during the whole month. During the weekends you’re free to visit the neighborhood.
Mail us your CV and letter of application
Are you interested in a challenging job in a young and innovative atmosphere? Send in your CV and letter of application, mentioning the job you’re applying for to email@example.com. In case you still have questions or you want more information, you can always give us a call.