Electrical vehicle architect
You’ll join the team that designs & tests autonomous vehicles. Your task will be to define the electrical vehicle architecture for electrical drives, energy management and charging systems.
Octinion is moving its Agriculture group from a project to a product driven organization in order to secure its global leading position by delivering a modular Strawberry picker platform for the horticulture. Therefore, Octinion is looking for an Electrical vehicle architect being an essential contributor in achieving this goal.
As Electrical vehicle architect, you will be responsible for:
- Electrical Vehicle (EV) architecture design
- Translate vehicle requirements into EV specifications
- Define and/or design key components of the EV powertrain (Electric motors, power electronics, energy management system, energy storage system and charging system)
- Component specification, selection, electrical connections, energy management algorithms & controllers
- Specify and Design cable looms
- EV classification and their electrification levels
- Functional Connection of the different systems via Bus communication systems
- You have a Master’s degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrics or Mechatronics
- Preferably 3 years of experience in at least one of the following expertise areas
- design, implementation and realization of systems in vehicles
- 24/48V electrical systems
- design of cable looms
- You’re hands-on, you have the ability to understand complex electric & mechatronic systems, you enjoy the combination of setting up a structured project approach as well as getting things done yourself
- You have high standards and strive for perfection, but you also know how to be pragmatic in order to respect the deadlines and budget
- You communicate well and you’re are able to work in team
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English is required (written and oral)
Welcome to the home of innovation: Octinion is the world leader in agricultural robotics, bringing together a unique mix of engineering skills in Leuven and Roeselare. At Octinion you’ll become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Since we are a young but fast-growing company the career opportunities are ample.
You’ll work either at our site in Leuven or in Roeselare.
Mail us your CV and letter of application
Are you interested in a challenging job in a young and innovative atmosphere? Send in your CV and letter of application, mentioning the job you’re applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you still have questions or you want more information, you can always give us a call.