With your exceptional administrative skills, you're the driving force of our finance team
We are looking for a motivated Accounting Assistant who is an excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. You'll assist the accounting department with data entry, processing, and recording transactions, updating the ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and reports. You're thorough, accurate, and honest with good bookkeeping skills.
To be a successful Accounting Assistant, you should have an understanding of basic Accounting principles and proficiency with computers and software. Above all: you're trustworthy, efficient, and organized.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Providing support to the Accounting Department
- Performing basic office and accounting tasks
- Post and process journal entries (sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank statements, expense accounts, deferred and accrued charges…) to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable
- Update accounts payable and prepare payments
- Prepare invoices and ensure timely payment
- Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Preparing financial reports
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with at least a first professional work experience.
- Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping (preferably ERP) software. Experience with Netsuite is considered as a major added value
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with basic accounting principle
- Professional manner and a strong ethical code
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately
- Open-minded, self-aware, with strong interpersonal competencies
At Octinion you will become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Since we are a young company the career opportunities are ample. We will give you the training you require to further develop your expertise and knowledge. You'll work at our main office in Leuven.
Mail us your CV and letter of application
Are you interested in a challenging job in a young and innovative atmosphere? Send in your CV and letter of application, mentioning the job you’re applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you still have questions or you want more information, you can always give us a call.