You'll be running the accounting and financial management of the different legal entities of the Octinion Group
As Accountant within the Octinion group, you’ll be part of our supporting services. As you’re responsible for running the accounting and financial management of the different legal entities, you’ll make sure all bookings happen timely and correctly, that all declarations and reporting is being done after performing accounting controls.
Your tasks will include:
- Booking vendor bills and customer invoices, bank statements and salary bookings
- Cash planning, up until the preparation of the actual payment file
- Checking for the correct vat and fiscal application of all booked invoices
- Supporting a correct representation of statutory accounts, P&L and balance (in close collaboration with the CEO and external accountant)
- Preparing for internal and external audits
- Supporting subsidy and project reporting from a finance point of view
- Recurring and ad hoc reporting/declarations as foreseen by law, tax authorities, accountant, stakeholders, etc
The Octinion Group is mainly active in Belgium but also in The Netherlands and the UK, with further expansion planned for the upcoming years. In each of the countries a local partner is supporting us for complying with local legislation, but you’ll be the central figure for management and consolidation over the whole group.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in bookkeeping, accounting, or finance and have experience in a similar job
- You have at least 3 years of working experience, it is a clear plus if you have experience within a technological company
- You have strong technology skills in Excel, experience within a bookkeeping program is a must
- You know the ins and outs of Belgian legislation with regards to bookkeeping, vat and fiscality. Notions of Dutch or UK legislation is a plus
- You have an eye for detail yet you’re pragmatic, making you meet all deadlines without a problem
- You're Dutch speaking, English and French are considered a plus
- You’re reliable: you’re discrete and show integrity, with a large sense of responsibility and respect for procedures
- We are looking for a team player who can work independently and feels at home within a fast growing family business
At Octinion, you’ll work at an innovative technology company where values such as quality, pragmatism and sustainability are key. We see ourselves as a first generation family business and look for employees who strongly believe in a long term perspective.
This job is vacant at our main office in Leuven (Researchpark Haasrode). It can be a full-time as well as a part-time job. You’ll receive a competitive salary, including a company car and extra legal benefits. We’ll foresee in training and give you the unique opportunity to be part of shaping the future of a fast growing family business.
Mail us your CV and letter of application
Are you interested in a challenging job in a young and innovative atmosphere? Send in your CV and letter of application, mentioning the job you’re applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you still have questions or you want more information, you can always give us a call.